OFFICIAL SALE REPORT:
HERD BUILDER SPECKLE PARK FEMALE SALE
Carson Auction Services Ltd.
Listowel, Ontario, Canada
October 15 th 2016, 12:30pm
Thanks to all the bidders, buyers and Speckle Park breed enthusiast that filled the bleachers and
standing room at the Carson’s sales arena this past Saturday. We estimate 180-200 attended the
qualified 34 Lot - 5 th Herd Builder Sale.
A special thank you to CSPA Business Manager & Director, Rod Remin for again making the trip and
further educating Ontario breeders on this great breed.
The rate of growth of Speckle Park in Ontario is exponential and exceeds the national herd rate of
growth. Speckle Park registrations in Ontario have doubled from this time last year and transfer of
ownerships have increased fourfold. Ontario membership in CSPA this year has already doubled last
year's total. There is no question the Herd Builder Sales have been a catalyst in this exciting growth
bringing passionate Speckle Park people together, educating them on the breed and allowing them to
access and buy quality Speckle Park stock.
The 6 consignors/Ontario breeders were impressed with the increase in overall breed knowledge and
associated pedigrees from both bidders and buyers. The 6 consignors/Ontario breeders were as follows:
- Steele Speckle Park
- Silver Tip Speckle Park
- Underhill SPECS
- Fleetwood Speckle Park
- Walkerbrae Farms
- Wilder Lake Cattle CO.
This was the first year the Herd Builder Sale implemented online bidding and had 101 unique viewers
of the sale from 5 different countries, 17 US States and 6 Canadian Provinces. There was internet
bidding activity on 14 of the 34 total Lots.
18 unique buyers on 34 Lots sold. Buyers from Ontario, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and New Jersey. 5
heifer calves sold for 2017 4-H projects!
SALE GROSS = $154,000
AVG ON 34 LOTS SOLD = $4,529
REGISTERED SPECKLE PARK:
- 2016 heifer calves: Avg = $4,773 with high seller consigned by Underhill SPECS and purchased for $7,700 by Walkerbrae Farms of Guelph, ON
- 2015 bred heifers: Avg = $6,033 with high seller consigned by Steele Speckle Park and purchased for $7,000 by Gary Sommer of Norwich, ON
- Bred cows: Avg = $5,750 with high seller consigned by Steele Speckle Park and purchased for $6,900 by Timely Manor Speckle Park of Pemberton, New Jersey
- Cow/calf pairs: Avg = $11,000 with high seller consigned by Underhill SPECS and purchased for $11,500 by Josh Konecny of Walkerton, ON and Gary Sommer of Norwich, ON
COMMERCIAL SPECKLE PARK:
- 2016 heifer calves: Avg = $1900 with high seller consigned by Underhill SPECS and purchased for $2,300 by Mark Van Donkersgoed of Hagersville, ON
- 2015 bred heifer: Only one on offer = $2,900 consigned by Underhill SPECS and purchased by Red Maple Speckle Park of Arthur, ON
- Bred cows: Avg = $2,817 with high seller consigned by Underhill SPECS and purchased for $3,000 by Paul & Rosemary Pentland of Goderich, ON
Herd Builder Bull & Female Sale is planned for Saturday, February the 25 th 2017. See you there!